FREE Shipping on all Canadian orders over 100$ and U.S. orders over 250$.
THEY’RE SISTERS. BUT IT WILL TAKE A MIRACLE TO MAKE THEM A FAMILY.
Adapted from the novel Don’t Look and It Won’t Hurt by Richard Peck, Allison Anders (Grace of My Heart) whipped up a storm at the 42nd Berlin International Film Festival with her masterfully crafted tale of a young woman trying to find love while struggling to bring up her two daughters.
Abandoned by her husband, Nora (Brooke Adams, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Stuff) waitresses to keep her head above water while raising two teenagers in a small New Mexico town trailer park. Beautiful and rebellious, Trudi (Ione Skye, Wayne’s World, Zodiac) quits school to work alongside her mother, while her sister Shade (Fairuza Balk, The Craft, American History X) whittles away her time watching old movie matinees. Their life is turned on its head when Trudi finds that she has fallen pregnant after a string of promiscuous relationships and the girls’ absent father returns with hopes of mending the relationships he broke when he left.
A wonderfully engaging story of the woes of teenagers reaching adulthood, Gas Food Lodging is a distinctly American portrayal of a mother trying to raise two wayward teens with growing pains, who are learning about love, life and each other. This director-approved restoration finally affords this 90s modern classic the home video treatment it rightly deserves.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation, approved by director Allison Anders
– Original uncompressed 2.0 audio
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– The Road to Laramie: A Look Back at Gas Food Lodging, a brand new interview with Allison Anders and Josh Olson
– Cinefile: Reel Women italicize (Chris Rodley, 1995), a documentary looking at the challenges women face in the film industry from independent to studio filmmaking, featuring interviews with Allison Anders, Kathryn Bigelow, Jane Campion, Penny Marshall, Gale Anne Hurd, and others.
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin